I extend our warm greetings for 2013. This year we offer robust, new choices based on your input. Our 2012/2013 Winter Program offers an exciting array of Lectures, Classes, Book Club choices, Day Trips and International Films.
- We expanded our Winter Class schedule and are offering a choice of one day classes for members who wish to dip their toes briefly into topics that include China, India, Financial Decisions for Women and Punta Gorda’s Historic Murals.
- Our six week class program is larger than ever. We diversified our Foreign Policy Association’s Great Decisions Course to include a discussion with a career State Department Officer on how US Foreign policy is made.
- We’re introducing a range of new subjects that include Wellness Alternatives and the Faltering Recovery.
- Our Arcadia and Englewood courses add great local flavor.
- Our March Miniseries will appeal to a wide range of audiences, whether interested in political-religious movements, exotic travel, social media and important recent history rarely reviewed.
- Our Book Club continues to grow. Our Trips, other Programs and our International Film Festival on War and Peace will inspire our existing members and attract new members and friends.
Hasan Hammami, President
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Larry Smith, Treasurer
Bonnie Leroy , Secretary
Judith Berger, Curriculum
Sushila Cherian, Lectures
Cindy Gates, Trips
Valerie Guenther, Public Relations & Marketing
Joseph Hegleh, M.D., F.A.C.S., New Initiatives, Other
Phyllis Walker, Esquire
Patti Ramos, Book Club
Sunny Scoppa, New Initiatives, Health & Wellness
Ellie Harris, Legal Advisor
Denise Demo-Egbert, Board Liaison Edison State College
Francine Spevak, Office Manager